Financial Glossary  
           
 Glossary Tutorials Articles About Advertise Contact
Browse the largest investing glossary online.   Search
A
1|2|3
B
1|2
C
1|2|3
D
1|2|3
E
1|2|3
F
1|2|3
G
1|2|3
H
1|2|3
I
1|2|3
J
1|2
K
1|2|3
L
1|2|3
M
1|2|3
 
N
1|2|3
O
1|2|3
P
1|2|3
Q
1|2
R
1|2|3
S
1|2|3
T
1|2|3
U
1|2|3
V
1|2|3
W
1|2
X
1|2
Y
1|2|3
Z
1|2
#
1|2

 
Include Definitions
(more results)
Browse by Category
 
Investing / Investments
Real estate investing
Stock investing
Investment management
Retirement investing
Bonds / bond funds
Mutual Funds
 
Personal Finance
Business and finance
Household finance
Mortgage
Finance dictionary
Corporate finance
Financial service
Money management
Estate planning
Loans
 
Stock Market Investing
Stock research
Stock trading
Stock options
Stock trading
Stock exchanges
 
 
InvestHub.com's
Finance Dictionary and Glossary of Investment Terms

consumer confidence index  

Definition 1.

A measure of consumer optimism toward current economic conditions. The consumer confidence index was arbitrarily set at 100 in 1985 and is adjusted monthly on the basis of a survey of about 5,000 households. The index considers consumer opinion on both current conditions (40% of the index) and future expectations (the other 60%). The Consumer Confidence Index is closely watched because many economists consider consumer optimism an important indicator of the future health of the economy.
 
  Home | Glossary | Tutorials | Articles | About
Webmasters |Advertise | Contact | Privacy


All material Copyright InvestHub.com and IAT Inc., 2003-2014